- Fig-Infused Bourbon Recipe
||Bourbon (1 big bottle, a.k.a. 1 handle)
||Fresh Ripe Figs (I prefer mission figs, but brown turkey or celeste are good too)
- Pour some of the bourbon in a beaker (roughly 1 cup - to make room for the figs).
- Remove stems and quarter figs.
- Add figs to the bourbon.
- Top off the bottle with bourbon from the beaker and close tight.
- Allow to sit in a cool, dry place for at least two weeks (the figs will start raising to the top). Shake occasionally.
- Strain the infusion through a very fine mesh or cheesecloth in a clean container, clean bourbon bottle and poor infusion back in the original bottle.
- You can save the bourbon-soaked figs into an airtight container for other recipes or as garnish.
The bourbon can be kept at room temperature for a few month. The figs should be refrigerated and consumed soon.